What's the benefit of wearing contact lens?
Benefits of wearing contact lens
Contact lenses offer various benefits over spectacle wear and refractive surgery. Compared to spectacles, contact lenses enable more ease of wear during sports and leisure activities by providing a wider field of view, less chance of dislodgement, less susceptibility to fogging, slipping off the face due to sweating, and dirt. Contact lenses also allow sunglasses and protective eyewear to be worn on top without any hassle.
In addition to the obvious benefits of offering natural peripheral vision and enhancement of appearance, in some cases, contact lenses may also offer better visual acuity. It has been found that optimal vision correction offered by contact lenses can improve performance in some elite athletes.
Reasons you should considered about contact lens
- Contact lenses move with your eye, allow a natural field of view, have no frames to obstruct your vision and greatly reduce distortions.
- Unlike glasses, they do not fog up or get splattered by mud or rain.
- Contact lenses are excellent for sports and other physical activities.
- Many people feel they look better in contact lenses.
- Compared to eyeglasses, they may offer better, more natural sight.
Things to remeber about conatct lens
- Compared with glasses, contact lenses require a longer initial examination and more follow-up visits to maintain eye health. Lens care also requires more time.
- If you are going to wear your lenses successfully, you will have to clean and store them properly, adhere to lens-wearing schedules and make appointments for follow-up care.
- If you are wearing disposable or planned replacement lenses, you will have to carefully follow the schedule for throwing away used lenses.